Having spotted Mince Pies for sale in the supermarket this week, I decided it was officially not too early to start making Christmas decorations.
I had a folder of small ‘scraps’ of gift wrap left over from last Christmas…you know, the pieces that seem to accumulate as they’re not quite large enough to wrap a present with, but are too big to throw away. With the spirit of ‘waste not want not’ in mind, I had a look online for some paper decoration tutorials and found some printable templates which looked perfect!
I decided to make an evening of it by lighting some cinnamon-scented candles, pouring a cup of tea, and tucking in to some tasty mince pies whilst I cut out the shapes.
- Download the templates (link at end of this blog) and print them onto thick paper or card.
- Use spray mount to stick the printed templates onto the reverse of your gift wrap.
- Once the spray mount has dried, cut out the paper shapes using scissors.
- Score along the dotted template lines with a scalpel, then fold and glue the shapes together.
- Insert your chosen string or ribbon before gluing the final edge together.
Here’s a link to the printable templates that I used.
Words, Styling and Images by Emma Whicheloe.
Shop the look:
Ceramic Plate – H&M
Scissors – HAY